• Chat with us
  • +44(0)20 86660407
The Weather in Croatia in June

The Weather in Croatia in June

By <a>{authorName}</a> on {date} in Things to do, Where to stay,

As a popular European holiday destination, it’s probably not surprising to hear that Croatia is in its prime during the summer season.  And visiting Croatia in June won’t likely disappoint any travellers looking to explore what the country has to offer. With it being the first month of summer, June marks the beginning of the […]

As a popular European holiday destination, it’s probably not surprising to hear that Croatia is in its prime during the summer season. 

And visiting Croatia in June won’t likely disappoint any travellers looking to explore what the country has to offer. With it being the first month of summer, June marks the beginning of the country’s prime summertime weather, with scorching sunshine, warmth, and dryness. For this reason, it’s also one of the best times of year to visit the country’s famed coastline, which is what attracts hundreds of thousands of tourists to its borders annually. 

Equally, visiting at this time of year is fantastic as it beats the summer holiday rush. With most schools in Europe breaking up in July, travellers can bag themselves a holiday with blissful weather than also avoids the larger crowds of the latter two summer months.

So, whether you’re looking to visit the country for a beach break, a city escape, or a getaway with loved ones, you’ll want to know exactly what to expect during a visit to Croatia in June to best prepare for your holiday abroad. 

This is why, in this blog post, we’ve highlighted the weather in Croatia in June, alongside making expert recommendations on what to pack and even where to stay, so that you can make the most of your summertime escape in this popular European hotspot.

placeholder photo

The Temperature in Croatia in June

The temperature in Croatia in June reaches highs of 27°C and steeps to lows of 19°C, making it one of the most pleasant times of year to visit the country during all hours of the day. 

However, along the country’s coastline, travellers should be prepared for the coastal winds that Croatia’s seafront settlements experience at all times of the year. But, given the warmer weather in Croatia in June and its calmer winds, this isn’t anything to be worried about.

And with the summer season bringing much warmer weather, this means better conditions for swimming. The water temperature in Croatia in June sits at an average of 22°C, making for a cool but comfortable swimming experience offering some relief from the heat of the day.

Weather Conditions in Croatia in June

The weather in Croatia year round can vary massively, but June experiences a lot of consistency in its climate and conditions. 

Croatia in June sees a 63% chance of experiencing a lovely sunshine-filled day every day, and only a 37% chance of encountering a cloudy one. The rainfall throughout the month reaches an average of 16mm, which makes it a largely dry time of year to visit. 

Visitors can expect to catch lots of rays during a June holiday in Croatia, with an average of 15 hours per day of sunshine. This does mean, however, that travellers should wear sufficient protection, such as sun tan lotion, hats, and cover-ups, with the UV index reaching 8 throughout the month. 

And unsurprisingly during the summer season, snow does not make an appearance in Croatia.

placeholder photo

The Best Ways to Enjoy the Weather in Croatia in June

The weather in Croatia in June opens up almost every opportunity for travellers to experience and enjoy the country’s sites, scenes, and attractions. We’ve recommended a couple of our favourite things to do in Croatia in June in hopes of giving you a spark of inspiration.

Visit Brac Island

With fewer crowds in June, visiting Croatia’s marvellous island locations is a brilliant thing to do during this month, and Brac Island is one of the best. 

Home to beautiful beaches, glistening waters, and quaint towns, June is a fantastic time to indulge in the beauty of Brac Island before the summer rush kicks in. Whether you’re looking for a unique beach day out on tranquil shores, or an opportunity to explore the rich cultural heritage of Croatia’s island destinations, Brac Island has all of this and more to offer.

Explore Trogir and Its Breathtaking Beaches

The UNESCO World Heritage Site of Trogir is an ancient city located in the Dalmatia region of Croatia. It is best known for being the home of some of the region’s most spectacular historic sites, such as its cathedral and castle.

However, many visitors often forgot that some of Dalmatia’s best beaches lie only a stone’s throw away from Trogir, which are ideal for those in search of a seaside retreat to soak in the sun in the summertime. 

Miševac Beach is one of the area’s most popular, and famed, shorelines. Its crescent of golden sandy beachfront offers bright blue waters and views outwards to the mainland, for a relaxing and quintessential beach day out.

placeholder photo

What To Wear For The Weather in Croatia in June

If you’re travelling to Croatia in June, given the warmer, and drier, weather packing light with clothes that are comfortable to wear in the heat is recommended, with shorts and t-shirts being but a few examples. 

Equally, it’s always important to pack comfortable footwear, such as trainers or walking sandals, to be prepared for days when you’re out exploring and sightseeing. We would also recommend packing flip-flops and swimwear if you’re planning on heading to the beach to make the most of the warmer weather. 

And, just in case, it’s also worth packing an umbrella or a rain jacket if light showers strike during your trip.

Where To Stay When Visiting Croatia in June

Sleeping up to 9 guests across 5 bedrooms, Villa Joica is a picturesque home situated in a peaceful area of Supetar on Brac island. With a beautiful garden and private swimming pool, it’s an idyllic space for families and friends to relax in nature and tranquil surroundings. And only a short walking distance from nearby shops and restaurants, it’s conveniently situated with all guests could want and need nearby. 

Villa Aklina is a light and airy 7-bedroom villa sleeping up to 14 guests. Located only a 15-minute drive from Trogir, and 11 minutes from Miševac beach, it’s perfect for looking to experience both beaches and history during their visit to Croatia in June. And with a large outside terrace and barbeque area, guests can also enjoy evenings dining alfresco and savouring sunset or sunrise views out to sea.

placeholder photo


June is one of the best times to travel to Croatia. Offering blissful weather which opens up a wealth of opportunities for things to do and see for travellers, it's the quietest month of the summer season in which visitors can experience the country in its prime without having to handle the worst of the crowds.

Why not choose your next holiday in Croatia to be in June to start your summer off on a high? Here at My Villa Breaks, we offer a selection of beautiful villas and self-catering accommodations across Croatia’s Dalmatia region to host groups of all sizes looking for a memorable holiday. You can contact a member of our team today to plan your perfect getaway.

Get in touch

Have a question? Want to know more? Email or call: [email protected]

My Villa Breaks values and respects your privacy. For more information, read the Privacy Policy.

About Us

A superb collection of villas and apartments in Croatia and Greece, supported by a very knowledgeable team.

Working hours:
Monday to Friday: 09:00 – 17:30
Saturday and Sunday: Closed

PO Box 3294

placeholder photo

Blog  | Booking Conditions  |  Booking Procedure  |  Health & Safety & Foreign Office Advice
© Copyright 2022. All rights reserved. Powered by Rentivo